El Parc de la Devesa de Girona

Oil on canvas board 24x19cm.
My partner and I ventured into northern Cataluñya to explore and eventually came to Girona, not really knowing what to expect.  When you enter the city, you cross the Ter River, and as soon as you do something very special happens.  You enter a forest of over 2500 magnificent plane trees that are over a hundred years old.  We parked our car and set off through the trees, marvelling over their stature, their serenity, their age.  I snapped a photo of Manuel walking towards the edge of the forest with the city of Girona waiting for us in the background.  I hoped one day to paint it.  The city itself is truly magical, a place you want to get lost in wandering narrow cobblestone medieval streets, discovering enchanting hidden corners, eating some of the most exciting gastronomical dishes ever.

                                                         “To wander is to be alive.”  Roman Payne

Comments

  1. Laurelle,
    Thank you for the nice compliments and stopping by my blog! It gives me a chance to discover you beautiful work. I'll be looking forward to exploring your blog. Awesome use of color.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laurie, for your kind and encouraging feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely description, and your painting of it is wonderful :) How tall - TALL! Love the lights, the shadows... nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheila, for your wonderful support!

      Delete
  4. Wow - beautiful work! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that you came by to look, Heather. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful work!! Немножко грустная, но красивая!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olga! Это немного меланхолично.

      Delete
  6. I too thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a great comment. Really my pleasure to get involved with your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nelvia. The feeling is mutual.

      Delete
  7. I love the sense of distance of the buildings you imparted in the painting. Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ron, for expressing that and visiting my blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts